3 Insights: 2023 Football Performance Workshop
Catapult recently held its annual Football Workshop at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. The two-day event was attended by more than 150 leading football staff from the NFL and NCAA.
Pac-12, Big Ten, and SEC representatives, as well as speakers from some of the country’s most forward-thinking NFL teams, led various presentations on football training best practices, sports technology, performance data, and the future of video operations.
In case you missed it, here are the top 3 insights from this year’s workshop:
1. Technology is an essential tool to address football’s workflow challenges
One of the key topics discussed at the workshop was the workflow challenges that teams are facing when it comes to sharing and accessing content across multiple users. These challenges are particularly prevalent in the areas of video coordination, coaching, player engagement, and recruitment.
Video coordinators, for example, often struggle with accessing and sharing videos with the coaching staff. This can lead to delays in the decision-making process and can result in missed opportunities. Additionally, coaching staff often find it difficult to engage and collaborate with players and other staff members, which can impact team performance.
Players, on the other hand, face challenges accessing and consuming video and practice plans. This can lead to confusion and a lack of understanding of the team’s strategies, leading to on-field mishaps. Lastly, recruiters have a hard time searching, evaluating, and sharing recruitable players, this leads to missed opportunities for scouting and getting new talents.
The workshop provided a chance for attendees to share their own experiences and learn from one another. Through roundtable discussions and presentations, attendees were able to gain a better understanding of the challenges they face and to identify potential solutions.
Overall, the workshop highlighted the importance of effective communication, collaboration, and the use of technology in addressing workflow challenges. Coupling this with the improved, Catapult Thunder, has and will continue to enable coaches to better share content with players.
→ To learn how the improved Catapult Thunder can address your workflow challenges, click here.
2. Improved analysis with Next-Generation Tools
Another key insight gathered at the Football Workshop was the general excitement towards the new and improved analysis capability found within Catapult’s updated suite of solutions for Football.
- Document Sharing – allows teams to share PDFs such as playbooks and player reports with coaching staff and players more efficiently than before. This allows teams to access important information in a timely manner, and make more informed decisions.
- Presentation Tools – the new tools enable coaches to create engaging and informative presentations using player-tracked annotations, telestrations, and more. Attendee sentiments suggested that this will help coaches to communicate strategies and performance insights to players effectively.
- Player App – permits improved player collaboration through new ways of sharing video across any device. This allows players to stay connected and stay informed, regardless of their location.
- Scout App – Recruiters can now take advantage of the Scout App which allows teams to access recruitable players via the transfer portal and organize, evaluate, and share information across the team. This allows teams to make more informed decisions about recruiting new talent.
Catapult’s cutting-edge solution is set to revolutionize the way teams approach performance analysis. To inquire about these cutting-edge solutions, click here for a free demo.
3. Connecting the entire team with seamless collaboration
Workshop attendees were given an inside look at the innovative technology provided by Catapult Sports during their workshop. Another key takeaway from the workshop was the emphasis on connecting the entire team through their performance insights platform.
Catapult Sports understands the importance of seamless communication and collaboration within a football team and the inside look at the improved technology showed how easy it now is for teams to create and share performance insights across every user instantly. This allows for a more efficient and effective approach to analyzing and improving performance.
One of the standout features of Catapult’s solutions is its support for video coordinators. The technology streamlines and enhances the content that is delivered to players and coaches, making it easier for them to access and review important footage. This is especially useful for the coaching staff, who can receive and access video, data, reports, and presentations in a digestible manner.
The technology also allows players to access information from any location, across multiple device types. This is especially useful for today’s modern athlete, who often needs to access information on the go. Additionally, recruiters can also use the Scout App to search, select, evaluate, and share recruitable players on any device, from any location.
Overall, the workshop provided valuable insights into the technology and approaches used by leading football staff from the NFL and NCAA. We want to take this time to thank all workshop speakers and attendees and look forward to seeing how technology will be used in the 2023 football season.
→ Click here to reach out to your Catapult Account Manager or Customer Success Representative to learn more about the workshop. Or to express your interest in attending the 2024 Football Workshop click here.